Community Sports Development
Football is very close to the heart of the Youth in the community. Impophomo held its first ‘Knock-Out Format’ tournament, in 2009, which is now an annual event around Youth Day. Hundreds of people from the community participate with much joy. The programme has brought hope and encouraged the youth to dream beyond their current circumstances.
- Donations received towards sports development now total in the hundreds of thousands of rands.
- Sports MEC's and community leaders have attended and affirmed Impophomo's efforts.
- Many volunteers from partners, businesses and churches set up and run the day.
- Impophomo is working with all the football clubs and coaches in Zandspruit to develop the youth and train them in life skills for the future.
- Major football associations are now committed to developing players for their own academies from within Zandspruit as a direct result of our ongoing investment into this area.
“The day of the tournament was great because that day someone could have died, but because we were at the tournament, many lives were saved. It prevented a lot of negative things from happening. Even our talents were showcased because it’s no use showcasing our talents amongst each other because we know each other. – We know that God is there for us when we pray” – Snethemba (from the Zandspruit Community), sharing his testimony of the Impophomo tournament.
Please consider partnering with us into uplifting the youth of Zandspruit through sports.